Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chilling in the Sub Arctic

More now in Albs. We get at least one blizzard a week. This one was not as bad as was predicted, probably only a foot. Total snow accumulation is easily three feet. I moved to DC to avoid these harsh winters - funny how life works out... The snow is undeniable beautiful when it catches the light, though.

I continue to develop training materials at work, and I am soon adopting a new role, which I am looking forward to. There was not much going on after work this week, so I enjoyed feeling like an Empress in my studio - lounging in my King bed, eating room service.

The iPhone 4 came to verizon this morning at 3am. I've been researching smartphone since September and was stoked beyond belief when Apple announced their product could use verizon. Because intense hardly begins to describe me, I set an alarm for 2:59am, set out my laptop, and credit card to prepare. I logged on at 3am. The site went down. Error message after error message. After trying for 30 minutes, I went back to bed. Still iPhone less. Not pleased. Verizon should have known to expect this volume the day of release. I have some ideas for them...

I'm looking forward to the weekend very much. Tomorrow after work, instead of going back to DC this weekend, I am taking the train south to NYC to visit a good friend from home, Lois. We are going to go to Battery Park, get Dim Sum, see a ballet at the Lincoln Center... Yes!

I have not signed up for a half marathon yet, but an email circulated in my office today, and there is a large race in Albany for a 3.5 mile "road race" for all the businesses in Albany. It's supposed to be a huge event, and I'm excited. My mileage log for this week: ran 3 miles thrice and 4 miles once. I can tell my endurance is getting better again as I am able to really push myself at the end of my runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment