Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend

Well, I am home! After a lengthier stay at the Albany airport than I desired, I was in the air again. It's rather miraculous really that every flight out of Albany is late - whether it be weather, maintenance, a visit from the President. And yesterday was no exception. We departed an hour late, but I was back in my fabulous apartment at 6pm last night.


And what a big night I was in for - my night included:

Laundry - so happy to have a washer/dryer in unit.



And cooking.

I made Jenna's Penne with White Beans and Spinach. First you sautee garlic in olive oil. Add the cooked penne, cook the spinach. Add cannelli beans, tomatoes, lemon zest, the juice of two lemons, salt, and red cayenne pepper. And top with parmesan cheese. It was simple and quick to make and simply delicious. I loved the bright colors and fresh taste. My apartment smelled like fresh garlic and lemon. It took the evening from a winter night in DC to an evening in FL. The recipe calls for sundried tomatoes but as they were $8/can at the store, I substituted for an entire can of diced tomatoes. Also, the lemon was a little over-powering, so next time I would probably add the juice from 1 lemon or 1.5 lemons. :)


And after dinner and one glass of white wine in my BIRTHDAY GLASS (picture to come) (because my birthday was exactly one month from yesterday, and I love my birthday so so much) and a great phone date with The Niedzielst, I cleaned the kitchen, read, and went to bed at 10:15pm. Yes, I lead the life of a middle aged person. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment