Friday, January 21, 2011

Who's in Albany?

Good news - I am sitting in the airport now, and my plane is supposed to be on time (fingers crossed)! Albany got between 4 and 6 inches of snow last night, and the roads looked terrible this morning. It was pretty again but less than ideal to travel in. I'm thankful for the opportunity to work remotely on days like this. After much deliberation, I ultimately decided not to risk my safety in the very un-snow proof sudan from Hertz and stay warm, safe, and dry at the hotel. I finished my necessary work for the week (yay weekend!) and departed.

The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the hotel. And it takes 15 (maybe 20 - 30 if packed) minutes total to drop off the rental car, go through security, and get to the gate. However, with the snow we got (even though the roads were completely fine at noon) and the President's visit to nearby Schenectady, I was nervous about missing my flight. Naturally, then, I left the hotel 2.5 hours before my flight. So, I have 2 complete hours before take off.

On an exciting note, though, I saw the President's plane! I am watching some coverage of his visit on a nearby TV monitor, and he is shaking hands. I recognize the scenery. Hello, where I frequent twice a week. Adds an air of excitement to the 'port.

See you in DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment